Membership of the Federation offers members the opportunity and support to:
- Network for the purpose of sharing ICT knowledge and expertise with representatives of more than 40 national and international ICT organisations
- Increase professionalism and professional standards both locally and globally
- Educate and enhance the public and governments` understanding of ICT
- Enable ICT practitioners` skills to be recognised/transferrable globally
- Promote digital equity locally and globally
- Influence developments in ICT through IFIP`s involvement with the United Nations and other international bodies
- Access and contribute to a wealth of information held in IFIP`s digital library.
- Nominate members to any of the Federation`s 13 Technical Committees composed of experts in fields ranging from Communication Systems, through Security and Privacy to Artificial Intelligence. Technical Committees are responsible for approximately 100 conferences and other events each year in a wide range of areas.
- Appoint a representative to the International Young IT Group, which represents the youth of national IT societies from more than 40 countries.
- Apply for accreditation from the International Professional Practice Partnership (IP3), which defines international standards of professionalism in ICT worldwide.
- Host or contribute to the IFIP flagship World Computer Congress (WCC).